Chia seeds are a good source of fiber, minerals, good fats, antioxidants and even protein. They are one of my kitchen staples as they are so versatile and you can use them in so many delicious ways. They are excellent to eat for breakfast as they will provide your body with the needed energy to go on about your day. Here is my breakfast recipe featuring chia seeds.
Whisk the following together with a fork in a bowl/mason jar or anything you will eat your breakfast in.
- 2.5 or 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional, I know many people refrain from extra sugar in diet)
After mixing, let stand in refrigerator about 15-25 minutes to cool and settle into a pudding. After taking out of the refrigerator add:
- Layer 2: Your favourite granola
- Layer 3: Blueberries or any other fresh berries you like, the juicier the better! Strawberries are also amazing with the chocolate flavor of the chia pudding.